Thursday, July 19, 2012

True Friendship

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a lovely day. So today I was thinking about my best friends. New seasons have started in my life, and now I won't be able to see some of my dearest friends very often. Things like this have happened to me when I was younger, but now that I'm older, I have made friendships that mean more to me. So instead of drowning myself in self-pity about all this, I've chosen to look at things differently. I came upon this lovely quote the other day that I would like to be the heart of this post.

This quote has grown very dear to my heart as I've thought about this new season of my life. I know for sure God designed some of these friendships I have made, which is how I know this quote will become true. In the past year or so, I have been able to see friends from the past, who I thought would be inseparable. But we did separate and things did change. That's how I knew those friendships were not true (and I'm starting to sound like Dr. Seuss...). The friendships I made in the past year or so were ones that I had always dreamed of having. The endless amount of inside jokes, the crazy ideas, the sitting next to each other in every class. But that wasn't just it. I dreamed of having best friends who would help me on my walk with God. Friends who I could pray with and trust them to keep me accountable. Friends who always will pick me up when I fall and be that shoulder to cry on. But also friends who make sure I get right back up and start being the girl God wants me to be. I am so thankful for these friends. I know it can be hard to be separated from dear friends like this. But like the quote says, nothing changes. That's such a helpful reminder. A good friend of mine gave me a tip on how to stay in touch with friends, if you possibly have the same problem as I do. Write your friends letters. My good friend told me something like this, "It's hard to remember a phone call but you can always go back to a letter when you're missing them." I think this idea is an awesome way to be close to your true friends, even when you are separated from them. Before I finish this post, I have to add this. There is always one friend who will never be separated from you if you accept Him. Yes, I'm talking about God. God is with us, and He should be our best friend too. Think about how awesome that is for a minute. The Creator of Heaven and Earth, of all the living creatures wants to be your best friend. He is there for you to talk to Him 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. He can help you in ways no human friend could. I am thankful that God put dear friends like the ones I told you about in my life. But you know, I'm even more thankful that God is my best friend. In fact He mixes this whole quote up. He is inseparable from us, and nothing changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all. Thanks for stopping by my little blog!