Thursday, December 20, 2012

Two Things We Can Do to Help the People in Newtown, Connecticut ~Day Twenty~

Hello all! Hope you are having a great Thursday! So, I had this fun Christmas post planned for today, but I felt I needed to post this instead. My heart broke on Friday when my mom told me about the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary. Even though I didn't know anyone affected by this shooting, it still brought tears to my eyes. During times like this, I know we all want to do everything we can to help the people affected by such tragedies. So here are two things we can do to help!

1) Welcome Students to a Winter Wonderland


When the students of Sandy Hook Elementary return to school in a new building later on, parent-volunteers and school faculty want to make sure they are welcomed back by a winter wonderland of paper snowflakes! They plan to decorate the entire school with paper snowflakes made by all of us. They ask that we make these snowflakes as unique and creative as possible to remember no two snowflakes are alike! Please do take part in this!! It is the least we can do to help bring a little joy to these students who have been through and seen so much. Send your snowflakes to this address below by January 12th, 2013

Connecticut PTSA 
60 Connolly Parkway 
Building 12, Suite 103 
Hamden, CT 06514

And also, please pass this on!! Tell everyone you know about this, they need as many snowflakes as possible! And don't use the excuse, "Well I don't know how to make a paper snowflake" because I have this handy video for you :) 
(This is a legitimate address and activity. I was informed about this by a public school faculty member from where I live.)


2) Pray

Alright, the second thing we can do is pray for the citizens of Newtown, the families of the victims, and the family of the shooter. Now, you may think its a little weird to pray for the family of the shooter. Jesus says in Matthew 5:44, "But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,"
Seems a little eccentric, huh? Think about it for a moment. Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God,"
"All" doesn't just mean the murderers and the thieves. Its all those people and you and me. We all make mistakes and we all need grace. So, yes, we should definitely be praying for that family. They need it too. 
Especially pray that God will bring peace and comfort to each person affected by this tragic event.
My Blog Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all. Thanks for stopping by my little blog!