Saturday, September 28, 2013

Deliciousness!

Hello all! Hope you are having a lovely Saturday! When I began my half marathon training, I decided I wanted to start eating better as well. And boy, has it been so much fun! The first week was terribly difficult. But now, I'm finding it much easier to make healthy choices each and every day! Anyhoo, a friend of mine shared a wonderful, healthy recipe with me; black bean brownies! It may sound a bit odd, but they are super delicious!! Let me know your thoughts! 


Black Bean Brownies
Ingredients:

  • 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • *Optional* 1 teaspoon instant coffee
  • *Optional* 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish.
  2. Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.










My Blog Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all. Thanks for stopping by my little blog!