Monday, September 17, 2012

Writing Inspiration

Hello all! Hope you are having a splendid Monday! So, a few weeks ago I was in sort of a "writer's block". For those who don't know, writer's block basically means I can't come up with anything good to write. As a writer, its very agitating. Anyway, I finally overcame this "writer's block", but not by a way I imagined it. A few weeks ago my sister and I spent the day with my grandmother and my little 5 year old cousin. My cousin is a very creative little girl. My grandma says she's always off in her own imaginary world. That afternoon, she and I played fairies in my grandmother's backyard. At first I was a little hesitant, I mean, what would my grandmother's neighbors think, you know? I was afraid they'd wonder "Why is there a teenage girl waving a stick around in that yard over there?" But I decided to not worry about those things, and have fun with my little cousin. And we did. In fact, we had so much fun that I decided I want to try to write a children's fairytale. Now, I'm not sure if it will be good, or if I'll take a 10 years to write it, but it is an idea. And I hadn't had a good one like that in a while. All in all, I learned that inspiration for stories can come from the most unlikely places, you just have to take a chance and find it.


2 comments:

  1. I'm currently writing a story that I started a little over a year ago. It just never seemed right, so I kept starting it over. I liked the story in my mind, but I was having trouble typing it in a format that was good and not rushed or amateur or anything like that. Finally, in about January, I started it over. That format worked for me and now I'm further than I have ever been. Sometimes it's just the way you write that can be slowing you down.

    http://shinyragsandcheapriches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree! Thanks for the tip, I think it's really going to help me in some of my stories I've got going. Thank you for the comment!!

      -Madison

      Delete

Don't hesitate to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all. Thanks for stopping by my little blog!