Saturday, May 16, 2015

Graduation

May 15th, 2015. Cap and gown on. Everyone lined up, beaming with nerves and butterflies. My sweetest, dearest best friend hugged me before it began. The seniors strutted down the aisle, just like we practiced, and filed on the stage. It was really happening. I had a hard time staying focused. Partially because I haven't had a good night's sleep in a few weeks, and also because I couldn't believe it was happening. We were really graduating. I got my diploma, I turned the tassel. We left as we came, but burst through the doors now highschool graduates. So many hugs, so many "I love you"'s. At the reception, my dad and I looked around the packed room. "You realize", he said to me, "this is probably one of the last times you will see some of these people." He was right. We were all headed off in different directions to have different adventures. So I cherished the last few moments of it. What was funny was that I really didn't see anyone crying very much. A few tears, yes. I mean it was graduation. Instead, there was a feeling I know everyone was overcome with. Joy and excitement for the future. It was time to move on. We celebrated the past few years of hard work, friendship, and fun, but so overjoyed that the transition finally came. We've got lots more celebrating to do this month (gotta love those grad parties). Life is just about to begin. I don't know what God has in store for me as I begin my college career to be an English teacher. I saw two rainbows today, though, (literally, it was pretty cool) and was reminded that the Lord has promised that my life and my heart are in His hands. And that is enough. 

Lots of love,
Madison 
(Highschool graduate) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all. Thanks for stopping by my little blog!