Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins

If you like chewy, moist muffins with a hint of strawberry flavor, then this is the recipe for you.


To be honest, I wasn't sure if this would work because I made so many alterations from the original recipe. 


Fortunately, they turned out pretty good! I think I could have added more strawberry purée to give it more flavor. 


Good news with these muffins...they are whole wheat, no oil, and only one sugar. In fact, you probably can cut down the sugar or cut it all-together by substituting honey. For a first try, I'd say these were a success. I will be making these again!
  
    Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins

Ingredients:
• 2 eggs
• 2/3 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup applesauce 
• 1/2 cup milk (I used coconut milk)
• 1 cup whole wheat flour
• 3/4 cup instant oatmeal
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• Pinch of salt
• 1/2 cup strawberry purée 

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or 200 degrees Celsius) and grease muffin pans 
2. Whisk eggs, brown sugar, applesauce, and milk until smooth.
3. Stir in flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with the wet ingredients. Mix well to form batter.
4. Mix in strawberry purée (add more if you would like more strawberry flavor). 
5. Pour into muffins pans and bake until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean (approx 20 mins)


                        Xoxo,
                          Madison



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all. Thanks for stopping by my little blog!