Friday, December 5, 2014

The was, is, and will be


The feeling came slow…then all at once. Like the leaves changing in autumn. There are experiences and people who have come in to my life that I am so grateful for. Adventures that taught me how to live with passion and purpose. People that left their masks behind and were simply real. Moments spent in tears because we were laughing so hard. Other moments that took my breath away because our voices echoed off the massive mountain peaks. I don't get to see these precious people very often. The adventures we shared don't happen every day. It hit me this week how much I miss them. The day ended, and the week flew by. We all hugged farewell and headed to different gates to return home. We waved goodbye from separate cars as we drove in different directions. We said "so-long" and "stay in touch" in a crowded capital room. This feeling wasn't depressing, although I was a little sad when I thought of the people and adventures. Rather, I was filled with joy and thankfulness. These friends and experiences were brought to my life for too many reasons to count. Something about these people and events made me feel different. They made me be different. They forced me to be real and to be myself...someone my Facebook friends and Twitter followers haven't seen. While a few of the relationships I've formed these past couple of years are far from over, most are chapters that have come to a close. The places I've ventured out to aren't in my zip code, but I brought a little piece of each to store away only in my heart and mind. This closure is a mix of sadness, joy, greatfulness, memories, and laughter. Ultimately, though many things that have impacted me and shaped me are slipping away, I sense that new doors are awaiting just around the corner. New people. New places. New lessons to be learned. New memories to treasure. 

So I take one last glance out the rearview mirror. One final look out the tiny airplane window. One deep breath before I walk across the graduation stage. In the blink of an eye, I know it it will be gone. 

Our lives are stories. No words of mine could ever write such a tale. I don't determine my destiny. The Author of my life does. I know every single relationship, every experience, every chapter I have been through these past few years have been intricately designed by my Savior. He is teaching me lessons of love, purpose, bravery, forgiveness, and so much more. He leads me every second of every day. He knows what's beyond the corner and behind the new doors. All this gives me chills. It gives me a reason to wake up in the morning. 

I could go on for days about all this. Weeks, probably. So I'll finish this with one word. 

Thankful.

My Blog Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all. Thanks for stopping by my little blog!