Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sick Day


There are many days when I am very thankful to be homeschooled. Today is one of them. I woke up this morning feeling exhausted, stuffy, and just plain icky. Not exactly the most pleasant thing at 6:30 in the morning. So of course, I wallowed in self pity. But then I realized that wasn't going to make me feel any better. I've always thought it was impossible to be joyful on sick days. I mean, I had things I needed to do today. I have things I need to do tomorrow. I had plans. Getting sick can be really frustrating, and can bring out the monster in you. Though I may have a "right" to be frustrated because I'm sick, I think it is still important to try my very best to be joyful. I actually have a LOT to be thankful for. When we dwell on our problems, we end up feeling and acting worse and worse (ever heard of the phrase "garbage in, garbage out"? It actually does apply here) However, when we think more about the things we can be thankful for, we can find a peace in the midst of the chaos and unhappiness. You may mot be sick, but you could be under a lot of stress at work. Or maybe your having problems with family and friends. No matter what the situation is, you will always have the choice to be joyful or pitiful. The joyful route may not look very appealing, but it will pay off at the end of the day. So today, instead of whining about my backed up nose or my sore throat, I'm going to be thankful for the sunshine that's pouring in my windows and the fact that I can still do my school work because I'm homeschooled. Have a fantastic day everyone! 

                          Lots of love, 
                             Madison 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all. Thanks for stopping by my little blog!