Monday, February 24, 2014

Fitness Diary


Hello all! Hope you are having a terrific Monday! As most of you know, fitness has become more important to me over the past year. I'm going to start a fitness diary through this little blog. I hope these diary entries encourage and inspire you to join me in living a healthier lifestyle. So, here's today's entry! 

This afternoon was not a perfect one. I had just returned home from history and anatomy co-op discussion and my head was throbbing. However, I knew I still needed to run. I considered making today a cross training day instead, but I knew my schedule the rest of the week wouldn't work if I did that. It's definitely hard trying to fit in runs and workouts while attempting to maintain a busy schedule. That's why it's important to be flexible with your weekly workouts in order to keep your priorities straight.  Today, I was not motivated at all (I never ever get excited about running my neighborhood route) which didn't help. But I knew I had to do something despite my lack of motivation in order to keep my week clear of any complications. I ended up running 5 miles (actually one mile short of my scheduled run). The funny thing was, I ran my fastest time since my cross country days back in elementary school. My first mile was around a 9:50 (which may be slow for you veteran runners, but for a gal who started off with a 15 minute mile, I'd say that's an improvement.) and maintained a 10-ish mile for the rest of the run. Now I know if I would have gone farther, my time would have definitely slowed down. Nevertheless, it was so awesome to see a not so hot afternoon turn into a happy, endorphin filled evening. Very rarely will you ever regret a workout. Why? Because of the amazing benefits afterwards. Anyways, I celebrated my success by trying out a new {healthy} dessert recipe. Cookie-dough Greek yogurt. Talk about YUM! Here's the delicious, protein packed recipe: 


Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt:
1 container Chobani plain Greek Yogurt
1 tbspn peanut butter
1 tbspn sweetener or honey {I used agave nectar} 
1 tsp vanilla 
1 pinch sea salt {optional}
1 tbspn chocolate chips {the mini chocolate chips work well} 

                       Lots of Love,
                        Madison 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all. Thanks for stopping by my little blog!