Monday, July 8, 2013

Some Days Are Sad Days


Hello everyone. Today is a sad day. You might want to go grab a box of tissues, because here's what went down. We bought a Ninja blender. I LOVE making smoothies, it's like a hobby. So I had all these smoothies planned out to make. I made a Pre-workout smoothie this morning, which I loved. And for dessert, I planned on making this vegan shake (that was supposed to taste like a Wendy's frosty) recipe I found on Pinterest. I blended the ingredients until my creation was a nice, creamy mixture. I eagerly spooned out just a little so I could taste it and make sure it was perfect. Now, I haven't had a Wendy's frosty in a long time. But I was sure this stuff did not taste anything like a Wendy's frosty. It was gross. I was so disappointed. So, knowing  I couldn't waist this disgusting substance, I mixed in some froyo. I gulped that crap down like a 6 year old chugging cherry cough syrup. After several brain freezes, I finished off the last of it. It was finally over. It was finished. Now that I look back on the recipe, I see that I neglected to add what the recipe called a "key ingredient". I couldn't pronounce the stuff, so I didn't think it was necessary. It may have made it taste better, or it may not have. Either way, I'm not going to be the one to figure it out. Not after this tragic experience. So here's two lessons for you, my friends: follow the recipe & don't assume all Pinterest recipes taste good. Ever had an experience such as the one I faced today? Would love to mourn with you in the comments. Until next time, dear amigos. 



                        -Madison


2 comments:

Don't hesitate to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all. Thanks for stopping by my little blog!