Monday, June 6, 2016

Chocolate Iced Coffee Protein Smoothie


If you didn't know, I work part-time at a fast food restaurant that we have here in the states called Chick-fil-a. We came out with this new beverage called the frosted coffee. It's ice cream and coffee blended together, and if you add some chocolate, it's pure bliss. However, this lovely treat is NOT healthy in the slightest. No matter how many calories are in it. So I wanted to try something similar for myself but not with all the unhealthy delicacies added. I know this recipe has probably been created and shared before, but I put this together one day in my blender and LOVED it even more than Chick-fil-a's frosted coffee. And this recipe? Completely healthy. No added sugars. Perfect for kick starting your morning or a post-workout treat. I love getting to sneak some coffee into my shakes. Here's the low down on this delicious smoothie:

Chocolate Iced Coffee Protein Smoothie

Ingredients:
1 banana (frozen)
1/2 cup chilled coffee
1/2 cup almond milk (or any nondairy milk of your choice)
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
Ice (to your own preference) 

Directions:
Put all the ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. ENJOY!!

Hope you give this treat a whirl! Also, I have been brewing my coffee the night before and chilling it all overnight. I use the leftover chilled coffee for iced coffee throughout my day! Such a nice treat too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all. Thanks for stopping by my little blog!